Friday, December 7, 2012

it's starting to feel a bit like Xmas!


I love this time of year. I always have a warm place in my heart for holiday decorating. Even though I have been so consumed with our holiday window display to even put up our tree the last few years!!

This year I'm taking a slower approach to decorating, putting different items out slowly to not cause any Xmas overload.

I started by replacing my fall leaves in the window... I'll miss them so!



They had a good run. Leaves aren't so appropriate anymore. Even though we still have yet to see any substantial snow in Chicago. Which makes me sad!

So I strung up some multicolored lights, gold shimmering garland and added a few ornaments to bring in some of that Xmas spirit.





Obviously I've got a lot more to add to the windows if I'm going to win that contest, but I'm loving how it's looking now!!

7 comments:

  1. looks beautiful & so festive! i love your huge windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm with you on the snow... supposedly we might see some tomorrow? Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog award because I love your blog! :)

    Find out more about it here: http://printablewisdom.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the big open windows.Just saying hi and to let you know I'm your newest blog member.I blog is on http://thegoldenapricot.blogspot.com
    come by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful decor! visiting you from the etsy promote your blog(s) team :) great blog!

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete